Monday, March 10, 2008

11 weeks

I added a new pic below, so be sure to check that out!

I have to say whoever made maternity clothes is a god. They are the most comfortable things to wear ever. And they make me look pretty good too I must say!

I'm really excited, Friday we have another ultrasound, it's been way too long since I've seen Baby Lew! I haven't gotten to see him/her since Feb. 25th and I can only imagine how much it's grown since then! I'm really happy too that Andy will be able to come to the appointment too. So far it just seems that he has been able to make all of my appointments so far, which is really great considering he has such an unpredictable schedule!

Here's the lowdown on what's going on with Baby Lew this week. Taken from www.whattoexpect.com:


Slightly more than two inches long now and weighing about a third of an ounce, your fetus is growing by leaps and bounds. And so is his or her head, which is equal in length to the rest of the body (don't worry — all fetuses are top-heavy).

On the crown of that large head (and over the rest of the body), hair follicles are forming. Fingernail and toenail beds begin to develop this week and by next week, the nails themselves will start to grow (so don't forget to add a baby nail clipper to your to-buy list).

Your baby's body is straightening and his or her torso is lengthening (sounds like a yoga pose, doesn't it?). Other poses your baby can assume now: stretches, somersaults, and forward rolls. And while you can't tell this baby's gender by its cover yet, testes are developing if it's a boy and ovaries if it's a girl.

No comments: